Monday, July 30, 2007

My new bookmarks page powered by sabros.us

I found an open source bookmark manager that I've decided to try out. It's called sabros.us. Early indications are good--it uses PHP and mySQL and runs on your own server, like B2Evolution or Wordpress or Gelato.
Features include a bookmarklet, an RSS feed, and the ability to import and export bookmarks (though I haven't tested that yet).
Of course it doesn't have all the features of a cutting-edge social bookmarking app like del.icio.us. But it works great so far for basic bookmarking and I'm interested to see if I start using sabros.us for saving a large share of my links.
The benefit to this system is that it puts my bookmarks directly on one of my databases, with all the code running on my site, putting me in total control of how I use the program and the data. So now, I have a bookmarks page which lists my public shared links at pacificpelican.us/bookmarks.

No comments: